PAPGAI CONTRIBUTION FOR THE INDUSTRY
Currently, there are 15,000 printing units all over Pakistan 4000 out of them only in Sindh & 3,500 in Karachi. Annually 8,000 skilled workers are needed. In order to fulfill this demand, the PAPGAI has been trying to prepare the workforce according to the demands of the printing industry for a long time. PAPGAI is the only business industry association in Pakistan which has achieved demand-driven training for the sector so far, and achieved following milestones with the help of PAPGAI members, Industry partners, NAVTTC, STEVTA , European Union, Government of Germany and Norway through TVET Sector Support Program.
- Develop 10 Qualifications
- 25 Certified Trainers
- 5 Certified National Assessors
- First Public Private Partnership in TVET Sector with STEVTA
- Only sector which implemented Diploma (Level 5) Training in TVET Successfully completed the journey of 1,000 TVET trainees with OJT (On the Job Training) with 100% placement our students currently serving in major printing companies in Pakistan as well as abroad.
- Offset Printing Level 2-3 (4 & 5 are under development)
- Post Press Operations Publishing Level 2-5
- Post Press Operations Packaging Level 2-5
Here we are not talking about only annual demand of skilled workforce of the printing and packaging industry we are foreseeing capacity development of 2 million existing workforce in new areas of packaging, publishing, printing such as High-Tech Color Management, Printing Chemistry, Green Process Efficient & Effective us of available Resources, Recycling of Solvent, Recycling of Waste material, Water Treatment (Recycling), Renewable Energy etc.